If the situation arises where a payment that was applied to an account is subsequently rejected, you will need to either
cancel the account (if this was a new subscription) or undo the changes to the account (if it was a renewal). For all new
subscriptions, follow the directions for canceling a subscription. The rest of this help page
only applies to undoing a subscription renewal.
Because the problem account might have been renewed at a different subscription level (the maximum number of simultaneous
users) than before, you must determine what the old "Account type" was. Here are some ways of doing this:
- If the subscription was renewed with a different account type and the new subscription year has not begun yet, you may
find that the Subscription renewal date field has been filled in. If that's the case, the account type will not
have been changed yet (you should notice that the Account type and the Renewal account type fields have
different values. If so, you don't have to change the Account type field in the procedure below (which you can
skip to now).
- For all Pay.gov credit card renewals, look in the history lines for this account (the newest items are printed
first). You will see a line that starts with the words "Subscription renewed via Pay.gov". The payment details
that follow in the square brackets will include the new account type (after the phrase "type=") and the old
account type (in parentheses, after the word "was").
- For all manually renewed subscriptions, you will have to check your paper records. It may be easier to determine what
the user paid for their subscription or last renewal and then look for that price in the drop-down list of account
- Click on the Search for an Active or Expired Account link on the Account Management
Menu and locate the account you want to fix.
- Click on the Edit button for that account.
- Make sure the Account type field is set to the old subscription level.
- Subtract one year from the Expiration date field.
- Subtract one year from the Agreement expires field. This is the second-to-last field on the input form.
- Clear the Renewal date field if it is filled in.
- You can leave the Renewal account type field alone. It is ignored as long as the Renewal date field is
- Save the record. No email notification will be sent to the contact people for this account.
If you make any mistakes before you save the record, click on the Cancel button and start again. If you decide to
cancel, do not use your browser's "Back" button or close the account editing window. Keep in mind that if you don't
interact with this system for a period of two hours, the server will terminate your session. If this happens
while you are editing an account record, you will not be able to save the record and you will have to re-enter the changes
Return to the top of this page.
Copyright © Minaret Corp.