[Classweb-announce] Switch to new Class Web Platform this Weekend
Cheryl Calista Cook
ccoo at loc.gov
Sun Dec 18 17:36:24 EST 2005
Class Web subscribers,
After successfully testing the upgrade to the underlying Classification Web software, Minaret 3, CDS expects to switch over to the new platform this weekend (December 17-18, 2005).
Please note important information below:
As with the test platform, there will be NO CHANGE to the overall look and feel of the Class Web interface at this juncture except it will now be possible to view the full range of characters available in the Unicode display.
An example of the non-Roman characters added to classification captions can be viewed at BQ1290-1300.
IMPORTANT: To correctly view the full Unicode display, those customers using Microsoft Internet Explorer will need to change their browser to font to Arial Unicode MSl. Check the bottom of this email for instructions on how to make this change.
Cheryl C. Cook
Classification Web Product Manager
Library of Congress
Steps for changing the display font for MSIE:
1) At the top of the window on the MSIE menu, click on "Tools" and select "Internet Options...".
2) Near the bottom of the dialog box, click on the button labeled "Fonts" to display your font choices.
3) In the drop down box titled "Language script" make sure that "Latin based" is selected.
4) Select a font from the list in the box on the left hand side of the dialog box. The best choice is "Arial Unicode MS". If that selection is not displayed, try "Lucida Sans Unicode".
5) Click on the "OK" button on each screen to save your choices and return to main Web browser display.
Those customers without Arial Unicode MS, should note that "Lucida Sans Unicode" is not as complete as "Arial Unicode MS" and is bold faced but users may prefer it over the default font of "Arial". Another option is to use a Netscape, Mozilla or Firefox browser. All of these products do a very nice job of displaying diacritics using the regular "Arial" font.
More information about the Classweb-announce