[Classweb-users] error in subject/classification correlation in classweb

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Tue Aug 30 14:26:03 EDT 2005

The authority record has been corrected.  It will be a week or two before the correction appears in Class Web.

Thanks for reporting the error.

Paul Weiss
Cataloging Policy and Support Office
Library of Congress

>>> "Alison Hitchens" <ahitchen at library.uwaterloo.ca> 08/30/05 1:54 PM >>>

            In class web at the subject heading:

 Soils--Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon content

the classification for soil pollution is TD879.P64. In the classification
schedules, the correct number is TD879.P66.

I notice the correlation is incorrect in the subject authority record also.

Can this be fixed? Should I be notifying someone else since the authority
record is incorrect?

Alison Hitchens

Librarian, Cataloguing

University of Waterloo