[Classweb-users] BV1474-1478 for age six to eleven

Milicent K Wewerka mwew at loc.gov
Mon Apr 7 07:48:12 EDT 2008

This means that materials for the age group 6-11 are classed with the general materials for children and that materials for the age group are  not segregated from the general materials.  The numbers BV1471-BV1475.3 and BV1477-BV1478 would be used for works on religious education of children in general and for works on the religious educatioon of children ages 6-11.

Milicent Wewerka
Cataloging Policy and Support Office
Library of Congress

>>> "Shirley Williams" <swilliams at harding.edu> 4/4/2008 5:47 PM >>>
Practical theology--Ecclesiastical theology--Religious education
(General)--By age group--Children (2-14)--By age has classification numbers
for all ages except six to eleven.  For this age range, it says to use
BV1474-1478, which includes six classification numbers before the age group
six to eleven and the three classification number after the age group six to
eleven.  What does this mean?

Shirley Williams

Shirley Williams, Technical Services Librarian
Brackett Library, Harding University
Box 12267, Searcy, AR 72149-2267
E-mail: swilliams at harding.edu FAX: 501-279-4268 Phone: 501-279-4376

Like Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis' fake pearls, which sold at Sotheby's
auction for $211,500, our incredible value is derived from the One we belong
to. -- from Charles Swindoll
Classweb-users mailing list
Classweb-users at classificationweb.net