[Classweb-users] PQ2084.A6-.Z3

Paul G Weiss pwei at loc.gov
Tue Sep 22 09:10:04 EDT 2009

Yes, the "e.g." was inadvertently omitted.  It will be added with
tomorrow's update to Class Web.

Paul Weiss
Library of Congress
Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate
Policy and Standards Division

>>> Casey A Mullin <cmullin at stanford.edu> 9/21/2009 6:09 PM >>>
Caption: Voltaire, François Marie Arouet de,
to special persons, A-Z

Should there be an "e.g.," here? Without it, the implication is that
every person with whom Voltaire ever corresponded would need to be
established when a cutter is used here. Common sense seems to suggest

Here are a few LC records that use cutters *not* listed here:
OCLC #2898108

This part of the schedule does not seem to follow a prescribed pattern,

so I'm not finding help in the SCM either. Any insight would be

_ <javascript:top.GoTo('comp', '&key=_00PQ2084_2EA6_00PQ2084_2EZ3_00',

Casey A. Mullin
Discovery Metadata Librarian
Metadata Development Unit
Stanford University Libraries
cmullin at stanford.edu

"Those who need structured and granular data and the precise retrieval
that results from it to carry out research and scholarship may
constitute an elite minority rather than most of the people of the world
(sadly), but that talented and intelligent minority is an important one
for the cultural and technological advancement of humanity. It is even
possible that if we did a better job of providing access to such data,
we might enable the enlargement of that minority."
-Martha Yee

Classweb-users mailing list
Classweb-users at classificationweb.net